Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Its a New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone!

My NYE sucked! I stayed home and still ate far too many chips! I also by-passed the wine (lower points) for coolers! Not good! Bad Amanda!

After reading the message boards on WW today, I decided this would be a good place to record my goals for the year. Not resolutions, mind you!

My goals are:

1. To stop smoking altogether! No excuses! I'm not smoking much now, but I want to stop completely! And I am going to do it this time!

2. Continue to work towards the healthier, happier Amanda by exercising, watching my diet and portions. WW is working for me and I'm not going to allow myself to sabotage me!

3. Get the damn charity tournament organized!!!
Background on this goal: I am chairing a co-ed slo-pitch tournament to be held in May with all of the proceeds going to the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation. If everything went as I had hoped, we would raise $30,000. Right now I am readjusting that goal. I don't believe that it is a feasible goal anymore, especially since the people who have said that they will help aren't helping as much as I had hoped. (Could this be because I am not asking for enough help or giving specific directions?)

4. Save some money! I have a very bad habit of spending what I have instead of saving it for a rainy day! My Canada Savings Bond is being cashed in May for my Vegas trip this summer, so I'll be back to $0 in savings after that! I need to start planning ahead!

5. Learning to cook! I can throw together a few things, but I get frustrated easily, especially with new recipies. I want to learn more/better techniques in the kitchen and experiment more!

6. Planning my meals!! This is huge! I always leave things to the last minute, especially lunches for work. I can do better! I want to plan my meals over the weekend and be ready for each workday with a menu that I have ready! That way all I have to do is look at the menu and throw the food into my lunch bag! Never over points at work again!

If anyone reading this has any suggestions to help me with these goals, I'm all ears!

My year has started off ok. I cleaned and cooked yesterday! 2pt/svg Chilli! Not too bad! Yummy too! I just need to get organized in a few other areas and I'll be set!

Today I signed up for a 9 day challenge (based on Biggest Loser meets Survivor). The challenge was put out on the General Daily Thread and challenges participants to stay OP every day for 9 days. Also we must do an "intense" cardio workout for a minimum of 30 minutes per day every day. I can do that! I bought the Biggest Loser workout DVD this weekend (it has cardio and sculpt) and I will use that every day! I will also be doing yoga and playing floor hockey. My goal is to hit the 220s by the end of the challenge. I CAN DO IT!!!!

Here's to a happy, healthy, and productive, record-setting 2008!!

1 comment:

Scamster said...

Awesome!!! Way to go Amanda. Nice to put a face to the postings on WW!

I am with you - plan, plan and plan some more! Haev a great one!!!

Nancy