Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Its been a while!

Part of my New Year's "resolution" was to blog more frequently. I've completely forgotten about it! I usually blog at work, but it has been insane here! Home isn't much better.

Oh well, I'm here now.

I've been losing consistently for the past 9 weeks and it feels great! Even when I forget to track, I'm conscious of what I'm eating. That's progress for me! Even though I occasionally sabotage myself (see previous entry), I've been very conscious of what's going in my mouth. That's a NSV for me!

Things in my life have been somewhat chaotic and frustrating lately. Work is very busy, as I said. My boss is going through some personal termoil and I'm doing my best to help him by keeping him organized, but I can only do so much...I'm tired!

Outside of work I have been playing hockey a couple of nights a week, which is great! And fun too! I've even scored a couple of goals lately (I'm a defenceman) and I'm pretty proud of that! I also have been trying to finish my psychology class. One more class to go! Unfortunately I have gotten behind because of my stupid headaches! I have 4 tests to write on Monday of next week. I am going to be vigilant this week about sitting down and actually studying with no distractions. No TV! Computer stays off until I type my final notes.

Finally, a very big stressor for me is this charity ball tournament that I'm chairing. We are supposed to be ready to send out letters to get sponsors, invite out of town teams, and come to an agreement with CanadInns regarding discounted rooms and their financial sponsorship of the tournament. So far none of these letters have been sent! After this final push with psychology, I am going to have to sit down for an afternoon and get these letters completed, OK'd by the charity, and mailed out. Time is getting short!

My biggest problem lately has been my back/neck. I have been getting bad headaches and I have trouble sitting at my desk all day. :( I've started physiotherapy and made arrangements with a massage therapist to see her every 2 weeks on her night off (she massages me in her home for 1/2 price). I would hope that this would make a difference, but so far the headaches are worse, not better. This morning my headache woke me up at 5. It actually woke me up. The best way to describe the pain was like there was a lightning storm in my brain! I could feel bolts of pain pierce my head in different areas. This is not normal!

I really need a weekend off to relax and recharge, but I, being the over-achiever I am, has signed up for another class which is on Saturday mornings until the end of April. What was I thinking?!?!

No comments: